TIER Community Resources
FOR THE CIO: TESTING AND ADOPTING TIER
A quick look at the path to testing and adopting TIER.
TIER Campus Success Program
The TIER (Trust and Identity in Education and Research) Campus Success Program will include a diverse group of higher education institutions committed to adopting and deploying the TIER software components and helping to accelerate adoption for the rest of the trust and identity community. Internet2 has issued a Call for Proposals for campuses interested in taking advantage of the Campus Success Program, which will benefit both the individual campus and the community. For details, please see the wiki.
TIER Working Groups
TIER’s success depends on community support, ideas, and efforts. Much of the work is done through community working groups including:
- TIER Packaging
- TIER Data Structures and APIs
- TIER Security and Audit
- TIER Entity Registry
- TIER Component Architects
- TIER Ad Hoc Advisory Group
- TIER Community Investor Council (TCIC)
InCommon offers Shibboleth Installation Workshops, focusing on Shibboleth Identity Provider v3, and including the latest versino of the Service Provider.
Partnerships Supporting TIER
- GÉANT - providing eduGAIN, the global interfederation service used by InCommon
- UNICON - assisting with the implementation and deployment of the Community Identity Provider
- Spherical Cow Group - leading the development of the COmanage Registry and co-chairing the TIER Entity Registry Working Group
- Levvel.IO - assisting with the Docker integration
- Docker - providing the container platform
- Shibbleth Consortium - ensures the ongoing development, support and maintenance of the Shibboleth software
Newsletters are linked in righthand column of this page
TIER Webinars and Presentations
- TIER - Moving the Community to Adoption and Production (Internet2 2017 Technology Exchange) (PDF)
- Trust and Identity Update Webinar (Sept. 29, 2017) (Adobe Connect session and slides)
- TIER Roadmap: Working Together to Develop the Path (Internet2 2017 Global Summit) Slides (PDF)
- What is TIER and What Does it Mean for Me? (IAM Online Webinar, January 25, 2017) Listen to the recording (Adobe Connect) Download the slides [PDF]
- What's New and What's Next with TIER (Internet2 2016 Technology Exchange) Slides (PDF)
- TIER Initiative Community Collaboration for the Next Decade (Internet2 2016 Global Summit) Download the slides [PDF]. View the netcast
- TIER Release 1 Webinar, April 25, 2016 - Listen to the recording (Adobe Connect) | Download the slides (PDF)
- TIER: Identity for Everyone (Educause Annual Meeting - November 2015) [PDF]
- TIER Progress webinar, October 2015 [Adobe Connect session]
- TIER and IAM: Getting Involved and Getting Started (Internet2 2015 Technology Exchange - October 2015) [PDF]
- Global Identity Initiatives: Enabling the Have-Nots: Building the Common Identity Service (Terena TNC15 presentation, June 2015) [PPTX]
- TIER Progress: What it Means for Your Campus (Internet2 Global Summit, April 2015) [PDF]
- What is TIER? (webinar March 4, 2015) • Recording • Slides
- An extensive community process developed the requirements for the TIER program. During 2015, CIOs and identity architects from more than 40 campuses attended one of three workshops held to determine these requirements. Each campus put forth the top two use cases and all attending campuses voted on priorities. After sorting the top stories into themes, this process yielded the requirements for TIER. Here are three relevant documents:
- Internet2 trust, identity and middleware work, including the development of Grouper and COmanage, has been supported in part by grants from the National Science Foundation.
Trust and Identity Newsletter • Subscribe!