Presidential Primary Sources Project
- Presidential Primary Sources Project
The Presidential Primary Sources Project (PPSP) is a collaborative program sponsored by historic sites and museums, the National Parks Service, U.S. Presidential Libraries and Museums, and the Internet2 community. The goal of the annual project is to engage classrooms throughout the national and international education community with an overarching theme, utilizing primary source documents for student research and presentation.
PPSP 2018 Program Series Title: “Presidential Legacy”
Program Series Description: The office of the President of the United States has an extensive and illustrious history. Each person to hold the office has left their mark on the country and holds a distinct place in history. Every administration has faced its own unique set of challenges and the way each President dealt with these obstacles and made decisions has determined their legacies. The Presidential Primary Sources Project will provide insight into the legacy of various Presidents and examine major historical events or decisions they made. Through the lens of primary source documents and live interactive video discussions with National Park Service rangers and presidential historians from the National Archives and other presidential historic sites, students will delve into history and develop a deeper understanding of Presidential legacies and how they came to be.
Because of the broad nature of the presidential theme, teachers will find that a number of the historical presentations coincide with their yearly curriculum. Additionally, research and synthesis requirements expected by national and state standards can also be integrated at various points in a teacher’s syllabus. Each video conference will be associated with its coinciding National Standards to assist teachers in these efforts. Please see the program flyer for more details.
- Start Date:
- Dec. 2, 2013
- K20 Education U.S. UCAN Teaching and Learning Video Conferencing
- Matthew Hall Project Coordinator
- White House Historical Association - Presidential Legacies at the White House Jan 24, 2018 Online
- National Mall and Memorial Parks + Ford's Theatre - The Stages of President Lincoln’s Legacy Feb 08, 2018 Online
- Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial - Forging Greatness: Lincoln in Indiana Feb 13, 2018 Online
- Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site - The Mystery of William Jones Feb 15, 2018 Online
- Herbert Hoover Presidential Library Feb 22, 2018 Online
- Abraham Lincoln Birthplace - Lincoln’s Lasting Legacy Mar 01, 2018 Online
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library Mar 07, 2018 Online
- General Grant National Memorial - President Grant and the Fight for Civil Rights Mar 08, 2018 Online
- President Lincoln's Cottage - What is liberty? Abraham Lincoln’s Brave Idea Mar 13, 2018 Online
- Theodore Roosevelt Center - Theodore Roosevelt: Legacy of a Modern Presidency Mar 14, 2018 Online
- Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace National Historic Site - Theodore Roosevelt and the Antiquities Act of 1906 Mar 21, 2018 Online
- Harry S. Truman Presidential Library - President Truman: Ending the War in Japan Mar 28, 2018 Online
- Federal Hall National Memorial - George Washington and the Whiskey Rebellion Mar 29, 2018 Online