LoLa For All Working Group
- LoLa For All Working Group
LoLa stands for LOw LAtency audio and video conferencing. Using LoLa, teachers and students can duplicate the in-person, hands-on performance learning experience in real time, since LoLa’s delay is so small it is undetectable to the human ear. Using LoLa, people in different cities can perform with each other with no discernible delay, opening up a whole new world of opportunities for collaboration and distance learning.
The Internet2 Community Anchor Program (CAP) maintains a LoLa for All working group to share best practices, identify and promote LoLa collaboration opportunities, and share resources to increase the use of LoLa in K-12 schools, libraries, music conservatories, performing arts centers, and other community anchor institutions.
To join the LoLa for All working group, contact Stephanie Stenberg at email@example.com.
- Start Date:
- July 27, 2016
- K20 Education Performing Arts LOLA CAP
- Official LoLa website (includes LoLa manual and hardware list)
- Map of LoLa installations throughout the world
LoLa "Get Started" Guide
LoLa for All Working Group
- To join the working group monthly meetings and email list, contact Stephanie Stenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Long-Distance Flute Forum from Miami to Chicago and Boston Nov 15, 2018 Miami, FL
- LoLa Demonstration at the New York State Distance Learning Consortium May 10, 2018 Albany, NY
- High School Students Play with ASU Orchestra, Thanks to LoLa Apr 10, 2018 Tempe, AZ
- Jessamine County Public Library hosts jam with Arizona Musicians Apr 02, 2018 Nicholasville, KY
- Classrooms Collaborate in Real-Time with LoLa Nov 01, 2017 Chattanooga, TN
- Chattanooga's String Theory Performs with Vermont Youth Orchestra Mar 30, 2017 Chattanooga, TN
- OneBeat and New World Symphony Fellows Connect with LoLa for Long-Distance Live Performance Oct 07, 2016 Chattanooga, TN
- Australian Leaders See LoLa in Action with 1,100-mile Duet Sep 30, 2016 Chattanooga, TN
- Chattanooga Public Library Uses LoLa on International Make Music Day Jun 21, 2016 Chattanooga, TN
- LoLa enables Los Angeles-Chattanooga Jam Session Oct 18, 2012 Chattanooga, TN