Internet2 NET+ Infrastructure and Platform Services Program
Unlock the power of cloud infrastructure services with Internet2 NET+ Amazon Web Services by DLT or Microsoft Azure
Leverage the new fiscal year to adopt new NET+ Amazon Web Services by DLT or Microsoft Azure!
Increasing the speed of research and innovation with big data analytics in the cloud holds great promise via Amazon Web Services (AWS). Research and education (R&E) institutions have historically struggled with making cloud solutions quickly available for enterprise academic use and research at scale. The Internet2 community’s recent completion of the NET+ AWS by DLT service validation effort now provides a better path for institutions to speed adoption of AWS and remove many of the barriers that have stood in the way of enterprise deployment. The program, NET+ AWS by DLT, offers enhanced standards-based enterprise agreements, extremely favorable custom R&E based terms, ease of user account provisioning with central controls and critical R&E technology integrations. Further, data transfers to and from the AWS cloud have been substantially improved and include data transport waivers that allow scholars and scientists to scale their work and push limits with computing and analysis.
NET+ AWS by DLT offers:
- Enterprise Agreements providing optimized terms and protections
- Simple and efficient enterprise control framework to ease user and department account provisioning while maintaining central control
- Substantial improvements to data transfer and access with no costs for inbound data plus data egress fee waiver
- Seamless single sign-on with campus credentials via Internet2’s InCommon Identity Federation serving nearly 10 million individuals across R&E
- A direct AWS/Internet2 Network connection providing members with advanced capabilities for direct data transfer to the AWS cloud
- Successful completion of the peer-driven service validation process adhering to community security, accessibility and performance standards
- Discount thresholds automatically provided to all participating institutions based on total community volume.
- Additional discounts based on total number of campuses participating (e.g. reductions in Access Fees for Year 2 and beyond after 100, 200, 300 campuses participating).
Additionally we are pleased to announce that Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft Office 365 are now offered under the NET+ Infrastructure and Platform services program. NET+ Participation Agreements with standard terms for all of higher education can be executed immediately:
- NET+ Amazon Web Services by DLT includes new community-powered aggregation discounts, which scale for Infrastructure and Platform services and accrue to the service users on campus.
- NET+ Microsoft Azure includes the IRU (irrevocable right of use) model, facilitating the acquisition of Azure Services as capital assets and access to participate in the Internet2 Microsoft Community with informational resources, webinars, events and other benefits.
- NET+ Office 365 includes new community-powered premium support options and an access fee model that reduces fees over time as more campuses join.
For more on access fees, see Internet2 NET+ Infrastructure and Platform Services Annual Access Fees.
The Internet2 NET+ initiative remains focused on helping the research and education (R&E) community accelerate user mobility in the cloud. These programs are great examples of how the community’s work with cloud service providers is making a difference. Act promptly—as even more community success at scale with these key infrastructure and platform services is possible.