While organizations have automated processes leading up to and following the actual signature, many still needlessly rely on pen and paper to transact business. This slows business, delays results, and creates a negative customer experience. It shouldn't be this way. It doesn't have to be this way.
DocuSign's Agreement Cloud platform helps companies keep processes 100% digital from start to finish to accelerate transactions, reduce costs, and delight customers, partners, suppliers, and employees.
DocuSign is changing how business is done by empowering more than 430,000 users in over 188 countries to sign, send, and manage documents anytime, anywhere, and on any device with confidence.
The DocuSign Agreement Cloud for Education creates secure methods to capture electronic signatures and automating agreements. Accessible anytime, anywhere, on any device, the DocuSign Agreement Cloud which consists of a dozen applications along with its 350 integrations supports the entire agreement process, and helps connect institutions to their students, partners, suppliers, and employees by providing digital transformation of the agreement process.
The Internet2 NET+ DocuSign service is now in the General Availability phase for all Internet2 members.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With over 50 million users worldwide, DocuSign processes millions of documents daily. DocuSign offers features that make our documents both widely compatible and widely accessible.
- Extensive File Type Support
- PDF Form Conversion
- 20+ Standard and Customer Tags and Fields
- Cloud Storage Integration
- Automatic Tag Anchoring
- Supplemental Documents
It’s easy to integrate DocuSign with other applications to prepopulate forms, saving you hassle and reducing errors. DocuSign’s advanced form and field validation capabilities automate business logic, streamlining the process for signers to input data, while giving senders complete control over the data that gets collected.
- Full Forms Functionality
- Third-Party Data Fields
- Data Validation
- Field Formatting and Logic
- Field and Document Markup
- DocuSign Connect
DocuSign lets you specify and order any number of signers. Assign recipients different roles and access beyond signing permissions — you have control over every step of the process.
- Serial, Parallel, and Mixed Routing
- Bulk Send
- Recipient Permissions
- Document Visibility
- Correct Documents
- Reminders and Notifications
Make sure your signers are who they say they are. Multiple options of authentication increase the thresholds required of signers to prove their identity before being given access to documents.
- Email-Based Authentication
- Access Code Authentication
- SMS Authentication
- Federated Identity Authentication
- Phone Authentication
- Third-Party Authentication
- Social Identity Authentication
- Knowledge-Based Authentication
- Geolocation Capture
Send documents with DocuSign and have your customers sign and send back your document within a matter of minutes. Sending and signing is fast, easy, and intuitive.
• Electronic Signature
• Remote or In-Person Mobile Signing
• Mobile Applications
• Offline Signing and Sending
• Digital Signatures
Robust product reporting makes it easy for DocuSign users and account administrators to see information about their account. Real-time access combined with extensible scheduled reporting means that business statistics are always available and accessible.
- Real-Time Status
- Document, Recipient and Account Reports
- Data Export
DocuSign ensures your documents are legal and enforceable in a court of law. Powerful information-gathering and transaction logging protects your contracts from repudiation and keeps you out of court.
- Tamper-Sealed Documents
- Audit Trail
- Certification of Completion
- Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure
Signed documents and audit trails are maintained by DocuSign’s tamper-proof storage system, providing easy, secure access.
- Email Archiving
- Document Retention Policies
- Authoritative Copy
- DocuSign Retrieve
We know how important it is for a service to always be available. That’s why DocuSign is committed to service uptime and total transparency into our system status.
- Enterprise-Class Availability
- Service Availability Status
- Monthly Uptime Statistics
- Service Alerts and Notification
DocuSign protects your highly confidential information by encrypting and making every document tamper-evident. Authentication options help prove that signers are who they say they are at the time of signing, helping ensure your documents have non-repudiation in a court of law. With DocuSign, the security of your documents, electronic signature authentication, and system security are top priorities.
- DocuSign Trust Center
- Document Encryption
- Document Custody Management
- ISO 27001 Certified
- Spam Protection
DocuSign is globally recognized and internationally used. More than 188 countries use DocuSign to complete their digital transactions.
- 40+ Languages
- Global Time Zone Support
- Trusted Timestamp
- Standards-Based Signatures
Customize DocuSign’s functionality with extensive central administration capabilities. Help your employees comply with company policies, set policies on document custody and retention, manage how signers sign or adopt signatures, specify user authentication including InCommon integration, and much more.
- User and Access Control
- Delegated Administration
- Feature Access Control
- Password Policies
- Company Branding
- Organization Administration
We love to see developers dig into our powerful APIs to build creative integrations. That’s why we designed our APIs to be open, easy integration, and transparent.
- REST/SOAP API and IODocs
- OAuth2 Support
- Single Sign-On
- Enterprise Development Sandbox
- Embedded Signing
- Support Plans
- Professional Services
- DocuSign University
- Developer Center
For additional details on all these features, please see the main DocuSign Features & Benefits page.
DocuSign is an electronic signature, transaction management, and document workflow service. Accessible anytime, anywhere, on any device, the DocuSign Global Network connects organizations to their customers, partners, suppliers, and employees where they transact business in confidence. DocuSign helps decrease transaction cycle times, reduce costs, and enhance customer satisfaction with the easiest, fastest, most secure global network for sending, signing and tracking documents in the cloud.
For pricing details or any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
Enterprise Subscription Pricing
The annual price of the Internet2 NET+ DocuSign for Higher Education enterprise service is based on the size of the institution grouped into one of 7 pricing tiers.
“Total Staff” means all staff and faculty, including full and part time, instructional and non-instructional.
“Total Students” means total FTE enrollment.
“Total Population” means Total Staff + Total students. Total Population will be determined using the most recent final release iPeds data available at the time of licensing (provisional release data may be used if it impacts the pricing tier).
Tier determination will be made based on the Total Population for all entities being licensed.
Tier re-evaluation will be done upon renewal. For example, if a university signs a 3 year term, the tier will not be re-evaluated until year 4.
|Tier 1||Tier2||Tier3||Tier 4||Tier 5||Tier 6||Tier 7|
|Envelope Benchmark (for measurement purposes)||25,000||40,000||60,000||90,000||125,000||175,000||250,000|
*If aggregate population of an institution/system is greater than 100,000, DocuSign reserves the right to negotiate different pricing with such entity.
Flex Plan Subscription Options
A flexible pricing plan (“Flex Plan”) is available to Participants who have smaller depoyments. Flex Plan pricing includes 40% or more off the prices listed in Service Provider’s then-current price list, depending on volume.
Service Provider will lead quoting for Flex Plan deployments for each Participant individually. Quotes will include a base 40% discount off Service Provider’s then-current list price for appropriate products as well as additional earned volume discounts on a case-by-case basis.
Flex Plans can be purchased in any increment of 500 envelopes with a minimum subscription of 2,500 envelopes annually.
Discount for Other DocuSign Software
Product add-ons and other DocuSign software may be available for discounted pricing. Details are available upon request.
Startup and Implementation Costs
All new full deployment and Flex Plan customers are required to purchase a mandatory professional services support package. Service Provider will scope and recommend whether the professional services support pack necessary based upon the complexity of the deployment at the time of purchase.
Have a question about the Internet2 NET+ DocuSign for Higher Education service that wasn't answered through our menu options? Take a few moments to browse through our frequently asked questions.
Click a question (or the preceding plus sign) to view its answer; click again to hide it. Click show all to view all the answers at once. And feel free to email us if you have a question that's not answered here.
DocuSign-Internet2 Contract FAQ
What does the new agreement look like and how is it different from the previous Internet2NET+ DocuSign contract?
The Internet2 NET+ DocuSign service offering has been in existence since March 2015, and had an initial term of three years. Several months of recent collaboration between Internet2, the NET+ DocuSign Advisory Board, and DocuSign resulted in mutual agreement to continue the partnership for 5 (five) years. The pricing model was changed effective May 1, 2019 and a new set of terms and conditions was recently finalized.
The new agreement went into effect on November 15, 2019, and it removes Internet2 from the purchasing and transaction flow and updates pricing and product offerings. Some of the key contractual terms and conditions that participating institutions have today have been maintained while others have been renegotiated. The new contract is similar to the structure used with DocuSign’s other public-sector business, including the use of channel partner(s), to provide additional ease and flexibility to member institutions when procuring.
What role does Carahsoft play?
Who do I sign a contract with for DocuSign services?
Effective November 15, 2019, new customer contracts or renewal of existing contracts will be signed with Carahsoft, acting as a reseller for DocuSign, on terms negotiated with DocuSign. It is similar to the structure used with DocuSign’s other public-sector businesses to provide additional ease and flexibility to member institutions when procuring.
The contracting process for campuses with Carahsoft will require a campus to enter into two separate documents: a Master Services Agreement (MSA) and a Reseller Service Order between the campus and Carahsoft. For any questions about your campus’ renewal, please work with your DocuSign account representative or contact the Carahsoft team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Key Contractual Provisions have been pre-negotiated for Higher Education?
- Pricing, discounts, and billing: While the pricing has increased significantly since the now expired contract between Internet2 and DocuSign from 2015, the pricing being offered to the NET+ community is significantly more advantageous than outside of the Program. [Additionally, we have negotiated specific terms to address aggregating affiliated entities in the higher ed community, which was a key point when campus customers order “unlimited” envelopes for a subscription program.] A unique benefit are the ramp pricing options for new as well as existing customers transitioning to Carahsoft
- Product Offering: At the core of the Program is DocuSign’s cloud subscription services, which is offered on a full deployment basis or by envelope package. Unlimited envelopes included in the enterprise license is a unique benefit of the program. In addition, under the Program, customers can order optional services, such as Retrieve, as well as professional services, which may include integration and deployment consulting. All of the packages offered include a base level of customer service.
- Accessibility: language requiring compliance with current standards and expressing DocuSign’s commitment to work towards the higher ed community’s standards and any new federal or state standards during the term;
- Data Notification / Remediation Costs: In the event of a data breach, DocuSign will provide coverage of certain data notification costs regardless of whether an insurance or indemnification claim is ripe.
- Customer data:
- FERPA covenant, including agreement by DocuSign to be bound as a “school official;”
- standard for when BAA required, and that BAA will, at a minimum, contain a compliance with laws covenant and an insurance covenant;
- provisions addressing DocuSign’s obligations to retain customer data in compliance with the campus’s state law obligations and DocuSign’s obligations to assist in the transfer of data following the expiration or termination of a term; and
- Confidentiality: specific exclusions to DocuSign’s standard confidentiality provision that allow campuses flexibility to respond to FOIA and similar requests;
- State law, governing law, forum: for all customers, the law of the state in which the main campus is located will govern, and that state’s courts have jurisdiction; this standard applies notwithstanding any other statement in any other policy or service schedule for specific services.
- Representations and Warranties: multiple representations and warranties added to the DocuSign form, including regarding compliance with laws and specific higher ed requirements.
- Indemnification and Limitations on Liability: the terms offer mutual limitations on liability and indemnification rights between Customer and DocuSign and the Reseller Service Order provides for mutual limitations on liability and indemnification rights between Customer and the applicable reseller.
What if I just want to add services to my existing contract?
What if my campus needs to go out to RFP to change the contract for DocuSign?
Which universities have assisted with the new DocuSign contract?
What role will Internet2 play and what will happen to the NET+ program elements of the program?
Will anything change with the BAA?
Existing Subscribers as of November 15, 2019
When did the new contract become effective?
Is the price changing?
How does this change impact me?
How do I determine my renewal date?
May I make changes to my existing agreement?
Yes. Internet2 will continue to service existing agreements until they expire. Additional features/options to existing subscriptions may be added by contacting the Internet2 team at email@example.com.
Upon renewal, your DocuSign Account Representative will work with you to identify the best pricing option based on your institution’s specific needs and usage. If you are not sure who your Account Representative is, please contact Internet2 at firstname.lastname@example.org. The renewal will be executed with Carahsoft.
Pricing and Features
Does the new contract have the same pricing schedule?
Is pricing still structured using Tiers based on IPEDS (or other published) numbers?
Why are students included in the new tier model?
Will the enterprise subscription model continue?
Will the new contract include unlimited envelopes under the enterprise subscription?
Will the limited subscription model continue?
Will healthcare-related use cases be covered under the contract?
Who do I contact at Internet2 with additional questions?
Who do I contact at DocuSign with additional questions?
Who do I contact at Carahsoft with additional questions?
Features and Security
For questions regarding features and security, please see our Features tab.
Cost and Terms
For questions regarding cost, terms of agreement and billing, please see our Fees tab.
Thank you for your interest in Internet2 NET+ DocuSign for Higher Education. Please check the NET+ DocuSign home for updates as they become available. Check Internet2 NET+ Services for news and updates on all Internet2 NET+ service offerings.
Have a question not answered here? Send an email to email@example.com.
Is your existing contract up for renewal? Reach out to your DocuSign account representative or contact the Carahsoft team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a copy of the newest agreement, and discuss any changes to your requirements or pricing. If you are unsure about your renewal date or have any questions about the program contact the Internet2 team at email@example.com
Ready to subscribe and get all the great features of the Internet2 DocuSign offering for your organization? You'll need to get some information together, as outlined below.
Determine your eligibility
Internet2 higher education members are eligible to sign up for the DocuSign offering. You'll need to indicate whether you're an Internet2 member when engaging with Carahsoft.
For more information on becoming an Internet2 member, see "Internet2 Membership."
Determine your pricing tier
The price of the DocuSign service is based on your institution's total population; seven tiers are offered.
See the FEES tab to learn more about your pricing options. System subscriptions are available. Ask your DocuSign account representative, Carahsoft or Internet2 for details.
Are any special considerations required?
Does your institution require special considerations due to state law or regulation? Are there any mandated limitations? You'll need to indicate this when you engage with Carahsoft.
Contact Carahsoft to initiate this process
You can contact the Carahsoft DocuSign team at: firstname.lastname@example.org