- Eligible Subscribers:
- Internet2 Higher Education members, or not-for-profit higher education institutions agreed to between Internet2 and Code42.
- Arizona State University, Naval Postgraduate School, University of Notre Dame, University of Texas - Austin, University of Washington
- Sean O'Brien
Protect and manage your institution’s most valuable resource—the data created and stored on devices.
Code42 provides real-time recovery so no matter what happens, you always have access to your data. The beauty of our SaaS platform is that it also offers excellent data visibility for your security team, plus it saves IT a ton of time.
Regardless of OS (Mac, Windows, or Linux), Code42 automatically and continuously protects every version of every file while remaining silent and unobtrusive to end users. Code42 is the only backup and recovery solution that meets the standards set by the Internet2 Net+ program to provide a trusted, cloud solution to educational institutions. Code42 integrates with the InCommon federated identity management program and utilizes the Internet2 Network infrastructure to give members unparalleled security and speed, restoring a full device 5-9x faster than competitive solutions in tests.
One product protects faculty and staff system-wide and solves multiple challenges
With Code42 you can bounce back from any data incident.
Gain central control
A single admin console for all departments and colleges makes it easy to manage deployment, monitor backups and analyze data, whether you have 100 users or 100,000+.
Be ready for ransomware
Education is heavily targeted by ransomware. Plan for the inevitable by deploying automatic, continuous backup that lets you restore files fast without paying a ransom. While competitors suggest backups every four hours or less, Code 42 backs up data every 15 minutes by default, and more granularly as needed, returning users to where they were minutes before a malicious attack.
Simplify data holds
Whether you need to retain data for Freedom of Information requests or legal holds, you can automatically lock data retention policies in real time without affecting existing backups or impacting productivity. Our open API strategy allows you to integrate with the EDRM application you already use.
I recovered important grant information lost in transitioning staff roles and responsibilities.
—Marc Wozniak, IT Systems Analyst, Vanderbilt University
The most secure solution in education
Code42 is trusted by over 500 IT departments at educational institutions across the United States. Data backed up by Code42 is encrypted in transit and at rest. Users have unique encryption keys for their archives—data is never combined and globally deduplicated. Each key is kept securely separate from the data that it encrypts. Code42’s cloud solution gives you unlimited retention, unlimited storage, and unlimited versions, because research and data are the lifeblood of an institution.
I have tried quite a few endpoint backup platforms in my 15-year career, and none of those have so perfectly blended the ease of installation, administration, and use by the end user, with security and cloud storage as Code42 has done for us.
—Tim Winningham, System Administrator, The Ohio State University
Protection designed for Education
- It just works. Code42 endpoint backup runs silently in the background on all devices, without disrupting workflows or affecting device performance.
- Accommodate chargebacks. Our reporting web app shows you storage volume and users by department and can be integrated with your accounting system, making chargebacks easy.
- Single sign-on convenience. Authenticate users via federated identity services such as InCommon.
- Always there, always ready. Every version of every file is safe and always ready to restore. Backup archives are automatically verified (by default interval) every seven days.
- No limits. Store data without limits on file types, size or frequency—including deleted files.
- Separate the keys. Code42 customers have ownership of their encryption keys—and therefore their data.
- The Code42 Customer Experience. Rely on non-stop monitoring and support from Code42 Customer Champions in the USA.
To subscribe to NET+ CrashPlan:
- Review the service offering and fees on the tabs above. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review the Participation Agreement and Service Schedule.
- Note: NET+ agreements are developed by the community and may not be modified for an individual institution. Requests for changes based on state law requirements should be submitted with appropriate citations as part of the application process.
- Complete the NET+ CrashPlan application.
- Sign the NET+ CrashPlan Enterprise Customer Agreement as provided based on your application.
- Note: Internet2 requires electronic signatures for legal contracts, unless state law mandates otherwise.