- Eligible Subscribers:
- Internet2 Higher Education members, or an affiliate member of Internet2, including Internet2 federal affiliates.
- Arizona State University, Naval Postgraduate School, University of Notre Dame, University of Texas - Austin, University of Washington
- Sean O'Brien
Protect and manage your institution’s most valuable resource—the data created and stored on devices.
Code42 provides real-time recovery so no matter what happens, you always have access to your data. The beauty of our SaaS platform is that it also offers excellent data visibility for your security team, plus it saves IT a ton of time.
Regardless of OS (Mac, Windows, or Linux), Code42 automatically and continuously protects every version of every file while remaining silent and unobtrusive to end users. Code42 is the only backup and recovery solution that meets the standards set by the Internet2 Net+ program to provide a trusted, cloud solution to educational institutions. Code42 integrates with the InCommon federated identity management program and utilizes the Internet2 Network infrastructure to give members unparalleled security and speed, restoring a full device 5-9x faster than competitive solutions in tests.
One product protects faculty and staff system-wide and solves multiple challenges
With Code42 you can bounce back from any data incident.
Gain central control
A single admin console for all departments and colleges makes it easy to manage deployment, monitor backups and analyze data, whether you have 100 users or 100,000+.
Be ready for ransomware
Education is heavily targeted by ransomware. Plan for the inevitable by deploying automatic, continuous backup that lets you restore files fast without paying a ransom. While competitors suggest backups every four hours or less, Code 42 backs up data every 15 minutes by default, and more granularly as needed, returning users to where they were minutes before a malicious attack.
Simplify data holds
Whether you need to retain data for Freedom of Information requests or legal holds, you can automatically lock data retention policies in real time without affecting existing backups or impacting productivity. Our open API strategy allows you to integrate with the EDRM application you already use.
I recovered important grant information lost in transitioning staff roles and responsibilities.
—Marc Wozniak, IT Systems Analyst, Vanderbilt University
The most secure solution in education
Code42 is trusted by over 500 IT departments at educational institutions across the United States. Data backed up by Code42 is encrypted in transit and at rest. Users have unique encryption keys for their archives—data is never combined and globally deduplicated. Each key is kept securely separate from the data that it encrypts. Code42’s cloud solution gives you unlimited retention, unlimited storage, and unlimited versions, because research and data are the lifeblood of an institution.
I have tried quite a few endpoint backup platforms in my 15-year career, and none of those have so perfectly blended the ease of installation, administration, and use by the end user, with security and cloud storage as Code42 has done for us.
—Tim Winningham, System Administrator, The Ohio State University
Protection designed for Education
- It just works. Code42 endpoint backup runs silently in the background on all devices, without disrupting workflows or affecting device performance.
- Accommodate chargebacks. Our reporting web app shows you storage volume and users by department and can be integrated with your accounting system, making chargebacks easy.
- Single sign-on convenience. Authenticate users via federated identity services such as InCommon.
- Always there, always ready. Every version of every file is safe and always ready to restore. Backup archives are automatically verified (by default interval) every seven days.
- No limits. Store data without limits on file types, size or frequency—including deleted files.
- Separate the keys. Code42 customers have ownership of their encryption keys—and therefore their data.
- The Code42 Customer Experience. Rely on non-stop monitoring and support from Code42 Customer Champions in the USA.
Please email email@example.com for pricing and a review copy of the NET+ facilitated Customer Agreement. For questions about the NET+ Code42 program and benefits to participating, please review the Overview tab or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Existing Agreements:
Institutions on agreements signed prior to April 2019 (the Enterprise Customer Agreement and/or the Participation Agreement) may add users or make changes to their NET+ Code42 licensing by emailing email@example.com. Institutions on agreements signed after April 2019 (the Customer Agreement) should work with their Code42 account manager directly. If you do not have contact information for your account executive, you may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Migrating to the latest Customer Agreement:
Existing subscribers are encouraged to migrate to the latest version of the Customer Agreement – released April 2019. The new agreement maintains current pricing and adds additional products and services. You may learn more by reviewing this information sheet.
Participate in our Online Community:
Institutions subscribing to NET+ Code42 may take advantage of our email discussion list, receive our program newsletter and participate in other activities and events by joining our NET+ Code42 email distribution list. Please contact email@example.com to be added.