Box is a leading enterprise content collaboration platform that embraces what's best about the cloud, serving the pressing content management needs of the next-generation workplace, workforce and IT. One of the most commonly voiced collaboration needs today is the ability to easily access and share your personal content with anyone, from anywhere. Since 2005, Box has been helping more than 10 million individuals, small businesses and Fortune 1000 companies do just that.
Internet2 members who are also InCommon participants can take advantage of this valuable NET+ Box program and other InCommon institutions of higher education (.edu) headquartered in the United States are also eligible to participate at a higher fee.
Benefits of the NET+ Box program include:
- Discounted prices for both Internet2 members and InCommon participants
- Pre-negotiated, custom contract developed by Internet2 member institutions
- Unlimited storage for students, faculty and staff
- Online community for practice for program participants
- Service advisory board of Internet2 member institutions advocating for higher education
Visit How To Participate for detailed information on how to sign up or engage as an existing participant.
- Determine your eligibility for the program. Institutions of higher education and related organizations headquartered in the United States who are InCommon Participants (or who join at this time) are eligible to sign up for the customized Box offering from Internet2. Internet2 members receive special pricing, but membership in Internet2 is not required.
- Review the service offering, Enterprise Customer Agreement, pricing tier and fees. Information and a copy of the agreement and other materials may be obtained through the Box higher education team or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The annual price of the Internet2 NET+ Box service is based on the size of the institution grouped into one of ten pricing tiers. The tier is determined by the total number of students, faculty, and staff. You'll need to select your organization's tier on the application for service. You'll also have to enter the address of a publicly available document that justifies your tier selection.
- NET+ agreements are developed by the community and may not be modified for an individual institution. Requests for changes based on state law requirements should be submitted with appropriate citations as part of the application process.
- Complete the fill out and submit the application for service. The submitter will be contacted within three (3) business days for confirmation of details or clarification.
- Sign the NET+ Box Enterprise Customer Agreement as provided based on your application.
- Internet2 requires electronic signatures for legal contracts, unless state law mandates otherwise. Agreements will be sent via DocuSign.
- Join the program. Box will contact the technical lead from the application for service to convert the trail environment to production. Internet2 will contact the technical lead from the application for service to onboard them to the NET+ Box community.
Existing participants in the NET+ Box program may receive program updates through an email distribution list and interact with fellow program participants on the Internet2 Community Forum. Please email email@example.com to be provided access or update your institutions contact information.
You will also want to check out Box's community.box.com for Knowledge Base articles, Product News, Release Notes, best practices, user questions and answers, and more.