Governance Update - AMSAC (April '11)
The Applications, Middleware, and Services Advisory Council (AMSAC) heard a presentation in March from Mark Johnson, AMSAC member and U.S. UCAN Interim Executive Director, addressing issues that AMSAC should be considering including services above the network. It also received a briefing on the NSF Advisory Committee for Cyberinfrastructure Task Force on Campus Bridging Final Report.
In addition, AMSAC continues its planning for the Spring Internet2 Member Meeting, including the topics to be covered in its open session on Wednesday, April 20, from 4:30-5:30 PM. Potential topics include:
- Soliciting input and feedback on services above the network.
- Unified communications, and services provided on the backbone.
- Soliciting input on Internet2's role in U.S. UCAN.
- What are the RONs doing with regard to service offerings that would be of interest for U.S. UCAN?
- A presentation from one of the NSF virtual organizations working with us in conjunction with the NSF-funded SDCI/Bedrock/COmanage work.