Focused Technical Workshops
Internet2 is collaborating with community members to offer a series of short, focused workshops on highly-specific subjects for discussion and community input. Akin to “mini” Joint Techs conferences, these events will be scheduled as often as the community is able to support them. Hosted on campuses, they are designed to bring together interested members of the community to collaborate on very specific topics in a streamlined manner.
Registration covers only very basic meeting support and breaks and does not include a negotiated hotel rate/contract, netcasting of sessions, conference meals, or local transportation. Keeping the meetings simple and easy-to-manage allows Internet2 and the community to offer as many per year as there are topics of interest and hosts willing to coordinate space.
The 1- to 2-day workshops feature a variety of topics. Hosted at member campuses and government laboratories, the aim is to bring together between 50 and 100 experts to address cutting-edge issues in emerging networking areas. Topics are announced via a subscribable mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) and interested parties should follow the instructions for participation in each event. A call for participation is usually issued, and a program committee reviews the submissions and sends invitations to potential speakers.
Registration is open to the general public until capacity is reached. Fees for these workshops do not cover any meals. Break refreshments are usually included unless otherwise specified.
- Shibboleth Workshop Apr 30–May 01, 2019 University of Maryland Baltimore County
- 8th Network Performing Arts Production Workshop May 04–06, 2015 London, UK (Royal College of Music)
- FTW: Real-time Collaboration in Research and Education Apr 30–May 01, 2015 Washington, DC
- FTW: International OpenFlow/SDN Testbeds Mar 31–Apr 02, 2015 Miami, FL
- FTW: perfSONAR Deployment Best Practices, Architecture, and Moving the Needle Jan 21–22, 2015 Columbus, OH
- 2014 Network Performing Arts Production Workshop Apr 26–28, 2014 Miami, FL
- Real Time Collaboration for Education: Deployment from Cameras to Clouds Apr 10–11, 2014 Denver, CO