Workshops & Webinars
Internet2 convenes workshops, webinars and other events to collaborate on a variety of topics related to advanced networking, trust and identity solutions, cloud service technologies, and other matters of importance to the research and education (R&E) community. These sessions help R&E leaders build a toolkit of innovative, better-yielding solutions for their organization’s constituents. Topics include:
- Trust and identity solutions and technologies, including information related to the TIER initiative, InCommon, Shibboleth, Grouper, and more
- Internet2 NET+ initiative, including cloud services and applications
- Internet2 Innovation Platform initiative, including100G abundant bandwidth environments, Software Defined Networking (SDN), and Science DMZ architectures for big data science
- Other technical topics, including network performance (for example, network issues in life sciences research), security, and more
Internet2 collaborates with community members to offer short workshops focused on specific, technical subjects for discussion and community input. Similar to “mini” Joint Techs conferences, these will be scheduled in response to the community's needs and ability to support them. Hosted on campuses, they are designed to bring together interested members of the community to collaborate on very specific topics in a streamlined agenda.
Internet2 and ESnet have collaborated in the past to offer a series of short, focused workshops on highly specific subjects for discussion between network engineers/operators and domain scientists, especially in areas of Big Data. Hosted on campuses, the workshops were geared toward helping specific science domains use and understand the network, as well as responding to the unique networking needs of each domain.
InCommon Identity Week, led by Internet2, brings together the InCommon community, identity management technical implementers and architects, and U.S. and international leaders in the field of identity and access management.
These workshops provide technical installation and configuration experience with Shibboleth version 2.x using a self-paced set of instructions. This program was developed for campuses new to Shibboleth and those interested in upgrading to 2.x.
These workshops, hosted in conjunction with ESnet and Indiana University, are designed to equip university and laboratory network engineers with the knowledge and training needed to build next-generation campus networks that are optimized for data-intensive science.
upcoming workshops & webinars
- The Third National Research Platform Workshop Sep 24–25, 2019 Minneapolis, Minn.
- Shibboleth: Installation and Configuration of Both Identity and Service Providers Oct 22–23, 2019 UC Denver Campus
- Grouper School: Access Governance Workshop Nov 12–13, 2019 Temple University
- COmanage Class: Managing Identities & Collaborations Workshop Nov 14–15, 2019 Temple University
- MidPoint Basics Dec 03–05, 2019 Virtual Meeting
- 2020 Internet2 Regional Principals Meeting Feb 04, 2020 La Jolla, Calif.
- Network Performing Arts Production Workshop Apr 21–23, 2020 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
past workshops & webinars
- Are You Ready for Google’s New Peering Requirements? Aug 21, 2019 Online
- 2019 InCommon BaseCAMP Aug 13–15, 2019 Milwaukee, WI
- Strengthen Internet Protections with RPKI Jul 26, 2019 Online
- More Than Just Speeds and Feeds: Architecting Cloud Connectivity for Campus Workloads Jul 24, 2019 Online
- InCommon Grouper Deployment Workshop Jun 18–19, 2019 University of Wisconsin-Madison