Global Summit Highlights in Advanced Networking and its Applications
The Internet2 Global Summit is the must-attend event for anyone interested in what's on the horizon for advanced networking in research and education. The Innovations in Advanced Networking & Services track at this year's event features sessions on collaborative innovations in software-defined networking, network virtualization, global network architecture and high-performance research applications. These are spectacular community sessions all worth attending!
In addition, Internet2 Network Services staff will be giving updates on efforts related to operational excellence, planning for the next iteration of the Internet2 Network and a new security effort.
See below for a sample of the key sessions at next week's event. You can also view the recent press release on how the Internet2 Network enables big data research in the life sciences. Then come to the Global Summit to hear it all for yourself and see how, as this year's event theme states, the Community is Leading the Way to advanced, collaborative networking innovations and applications.
Innovations Advanced Networking & Services Highlights:
Sunday, April 26
- Broadening the Reach: A Cyberinfrastructure Program for Non-Research-Intensive and EPSCoR Institutions Open Meeting
Monday, April 27
- Network Architecture, Operations and Policy Program Advisory Group
- Innovation and Experimentation through SDN and Network Virtualization on Internet2 and AmLight
- Delivering Order-of-Magnitude Improvements to Research Data Throughput
Tuesday, April 28
- From CC-NIE/IIE/DNI to Building a Cohesive Platform for Collaboration Over Advanced Cyberinfrastructure
- perfSONAR: Meeting the Community's Needs
- Big Data Health Initiatives: PCORI, NIH Data Commons – Collaboration, Patient Networks and Data Clouds
Wednesday, April 29