Internet2 NET+ Cloud Services Sessions of Note – 2014 Technology Exchange
More than 300 campuses now participate in the Internet2 NET+ initiative, which is creating a unified, integrated portfolio of cloud and trust services. Much like the Internet2 network originally transformed Internet2 networking technology for research and education (R&E), NET+ enables the community to collectively remove cloud deployment roadblocks by leveraging shared needs to impact how providers are offering solutions to higher education.
The NET+ Initiative allows R&E to openly collaborate to build a “better cloud” and swiftly deliver solutions for broad and rapidly growing user needs in the cloud and beyond. The 2014 Technology Exchange includes a number of sessions to explore the latest collaborations.
- Overcoming Roadblocks when Deploying Cloud-based Software(Wednesday, Oct. 29, 4:15 pm)
Dealing with volumes of data at scale, with sessions on Amazon, Azure, and CrashPlan
- Amazon Web Services
- “Cloud Compute: How to Create Production Cloud Resources” will demonstrate each step required to create an AWS security zone (Monday, Oct 27, 3:30 pm)
- “Don’t Copy Data! Instead, Share it at Web-Scale!” features a technical and cloud architecture presentation from the Amazon technical team (Tuesday, Oct. 28, 8:30 am)
- “Life Science Informatics: Trends from the Trenches” will address current requirements, trends, pain points and best practices for life science informatics including compute, storage, data movement/management and public infrastructure clouds such as Amazon Web Services (Tuesday, Oct. 28, 1:30 pm)
- Microsoft Azure
- “Cloud Compute: Behind the Curtains with Microsoft Azure Architecture” (Tuesday, Oct 28, 3:30 pm)
- “Data to the Cloud: CrashPlan Architecture” (Thursday, Oct. 30, 9:15 am)
Security in the cloud, with sessions on Splunk, Akamai, and others
- “Cloud Management: Logs in the Cloud” is a technical, security and cloud architecture presentation from the Splunk technical team (Monday, Oct. 27, 4:15 pm)
Architecting video collaboration in the cloud, with CEOs and CTOs from Internet2 members and NET+ video providers
- “Architecting Video Collaboration in the Cloud” (Wednesday, Oct. 29, 4:15 pm)
Many other opportunities exist to learn about new services, how community members are integrating their cloud services with their campus infrastructure, and more. You can find all of the details of these and more by viewing the Cloud Services (system integration ownership) program track, or see the full online program to view the other tracks: security, trust and identity, and advanced networking).