Google’s G Suite Enterprise for Education Enters NET+ Service Evaluation
We are excited to announce the entry of Google’s G Suite Enterprise for Education (GSEfE) into the service evaluation process within the Internet2 NET+ program. G Suite Enterprise for Education includes all the productivity and collaboration tools of G Suite for Education (e.g. Gmail, Docs, Meet), plus premium tools and enhanced security controls.
The NET+ service evaluation process is a rigorous, community-designed and community-led effort to customize and enhance a cloud service for use by Internet2 higher education members, and the extended research and education community.
Eight geographically diverse, public and private universities will evaluate a number of aspects of the GSEfE offering, with a focus on capabilities provided in the enterprise offering and priorities identified by the service evaluation team. These areas include:
- Reviewing enhanced security features in GSEfE
- Developing a business model that helps institutions manage budgets and the current economic climate
- Streamlining the management and usage of collaboration tools at institutions
- Supporting institutional teaching and research needs
- Integrating with other enterprise applications and services
- Building scalable higher education-specific contractual terms and pricing
Check the service evaluation wiki page of the NET+ GSEfE offering often for updates and announcements.
If you are interested in GSEfE for your campus, or if you have any questions, please contact the NET+ Cloud Services team at email@example.com.