Internet2 Partners with the National Archives to Offer New Distance Learning Opportunities for Students
With an unprecedented number of schools across the country shut down in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for high-quality and accessible distance learning has exploded.
Internet2's Presidential Primary Sources Project, a free, live video conferencing series that is traditionally used in a classroom environment, quickly pivoted to serve millions of families searching for distance learning solutions. Offering live and interactive programs with National Parks Rangers and presidential historians, the Presidential Primary Sources Project offers an opportunity to continue standards-based education from home.
The Presidential Primary Sources Project is partnering with the U.S. National Archives and several presidential libraries to expand distance learning opportunities for students in the coming months. Offering a variety of programs for students in preschool through grade 12, the sessions will continue through the end of May. All programs are free, interactive, and standards-based.
Sign up for any or all of these upcoming distance learning programs for students and families:
- March 30, Presidential Reading Program, Preschool-3rd grade
- April 1, Herbert Hoover and the Hoover Dam, Grades 4-7
- April 3, Segregation and a Controversial White House Tea Party, Grades 9-12
- April 6, Article II-For Kids!, Preschool-3rd grade
- April 8, Reorganizing the Executive Branch, Grades 4-7
- April 10, Herbert Hoover and the Bonus March: Presidential Blunder or Necessary Action, Grades 9-12
- April 14, World War II Propaganda, Grades 6-12
- April 16, The Story Behind the Titanic, Grades 3-5
- April 21, Decoding the Declaration, Grades 6-12
- April 28, Ending the War in Japan, Grades 9-12
- April 30, The Space Shuttle Challenger, Grades 8-12
- May 12, Candy Bomber and the Berlin Airlift, Grades 3-8
- May 14, President Reagan and the Cold War, Grades 11-12
- May 19, The Constitution at Work: Elementary Edition, Grades 4-6
- May 21, The Constitution at Work: Middle and High School Edition, Grades 7-12
- May 28, Presidential Reading Program, Preschool-3rd grade
Individual students and families can log in using the link that will be provided following registration. Sessions will also be live-streamed on Facebook from the Presidential Primary Sources Project.
Find more information about each program on the National Archives website.