New National Research Platform Engagement Meeting Series Kicks Off October 28
I’m excited to share that following the Third National Research Platform (NRP) Workshop that brought R&E communities together last month in Minneapolis, a new meeting series is being planned that will provide a forum to continue the conversations started at the workshop.
Some of the principles from the NRP Workshop that we’d like to carry over to the engagement meeting series include:
- Enabling research and education for all (independent of institution type or geography)
- Share successes, opportunities, and challenges
- Community of people spanning the boundaries of organizations, communities, and technology
- Outline challenges and opportunities and steps to address them
- Big Tent concept of National Research Platform that encourages participation from every component of the Cyberinfrastructure ecosystem
The NRP engagement meeting series will be taking place via Zoom on the fourth Monday of the month at 1 pm ET | 12 pm CT | 11 am MT | 10 am PT. The Zoom link to join the meeting series is: https://internet2.zoom.us/j/735965245
The first NRP engagement meeting series will take place on Monday, October 28 at 1 pm ET and is being presented by Alex Feltus, professor of genetics & biochemistry at Clemson University, on “Running Genomics Workflows on the Pacific Research Platform’s Nautilus Kubernetes Cluster.” Read the abstract here.
All are welcome to join and community members are encouraged to suggest topics of interest for future series. Please email your suggestions directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are also a couple of ways for you to stay informed about future NRP engagement activities:
I hope you and your colleagues will consider joining us for the first NRP engagement meeting series on October 28.