BaseCAMP 2019 Created for Newcomers and Operational Staff
During 2018, two InCommon working groups looked at aspects of the process for joining InCommon and how people can find information about the policies and technologies necessary for participating in the Federation. With the IAM suite developed during the TIER project (including Shibboleth, Grouper, COmanage, and midPoint), there has also been discussion about how people can come up to speed on what is available.
One of the results is BaseCAMP, a workshop-style meeting intended for those new to identity management or the InCommon Federation, and those wanting introductory and start-up information about the InCommon Trusted Access Platform (formerly TIER).
BaseCAMP will take place August 13-15, 2019, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. A community planning group is working to make sure this is not your typical meeting. Sessions will be interactive and fast-paced. You can see the program on the BaseCAMP website.
Who should attend BaseCAMP?
- Those management and technical staff who are new to Identity and Access Management or Federated Access.
- Those responsible for the operation of an Identity and Access Management system or components - in higher education, at a research organization, or at a service provider.
- Those wanting to learn more about the IAM software suite, the InCommon Trusted Access Platform and its components, including Shibboleth, Grouper, COmanage, and midPoint.
- Identity Management in 1.75 Hours
- Federation is a Team Sport
- Solutions Salon - Answers to Identity Management Challenges
- Guest access, identity provider as a service, Shibboleth made easy, and much more
Organizations new to InCommon (those joining since January 1, 2018) will receive a registration discount.
Registration is open and details are available at https://meetings.internet2.edu/2019-basecamp/