New Community Leaders Join InCommon Governance and Advisory Groups
The changing of the calendar means new members joining InCommon governing and advisory groups, and dedicated members rolling off. Scanning the list of individuals and range of institutions represented demonstrates the community-driven nature of InCommon. We want to warmly thank all those individuals that donate their time and talents to helping the community do its work.
InCommon Steering Committee
The InCommon Steering Committee provides oversight and recommendations on issues arising from the operation and management of InCommon. Outgoing members include:
- Klara Jelinkova, Vice President for International Operations & Information Technology and CIO, Rice University
- Michael Gettes, Associate Director for Identity, University of Florida
- Celeste Schwartz, Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Digital Officer, Montgomery County Community College
Their commitment of time, energy, and wisdom has helped guide InCommon. In particular, Klara served multiple terms as chair of InCommon Steering, and continues to serve on the Trust and Advisory Program Advisory Group.
Beginning three-year terms are:
- Brad Christ, Associate Vice President for Information Technology and CIO at Eastern Washington University
- Christine Miki, Chief Executive Officer at Benelogic
- Chris Sedore, Vice President and CIO at the University of Texas at Austin
Officers for 2019 are:
Chair: Ted Hanss, Associate CIO, Medicine and Health Divisions at Yale University
Vice-Chair: Mike Erickson, CIO at Colorado School of Mines
Secretary: Laura Paglione, consultant at Spherical Cow Group
InCommon Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)
The InCommon TAC provides recommendations relating to the operation and management of InCommon with respect to technical issues.
Members completing their terms include:
- Kim Milford, Executive Director of REN-ISAC
- Mark Scheible, Senior Lead IAM Solutions Architect at MCNC (two-year chair)
- Albert Wu, formerly of UCLA and now Federation Service Manager for InCommon
Joining the TAC are:
- Jessica Coltrin, Associate Director of IAM, Middleware & Databases at Portland State University
- Matthew Economou, an independent identity management consultant
- Mary McKee, Director of Identity Management and Security Services at Duke University
- Janemarie Duh, Identity Management Systems Architect at Lafayette College, begins another three-year term and will serve as TAC chair for 2019.
- Keith Wessel, Senior Application Integration Professional at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, will serve as vice-chair.
Community Trust and Assurance Board (CTAB)
CTAB represents the community in InCommon's trust and assurance related programs and initiatives. They serve as the stewards of the InCommon Baseline Expectations for Trust in Federation and, over the last two years, have contributed an immense amount of hours and thought on developing and helping the community meet those expectations.
Completing their terms with CTAB are:
- Ted Hanss, InCommon Steering representative and Associate CIO, Medicine and Health Divisions at Yale University
- Joanna Rojas, Director of University Audit at Duke University
Joining CTAB are:
- Rachana Ananthakrishnan, Head of Products, Globus at University of Chicago
- John Hover, Group Leader, Computational Science Initiative, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Adam Lewenberg, Technical Manager, Stanford University
- John Pfeifer, IT Principal Engineer, University of Maryland, College Park
Mary-Catherine Martinez (Support and Implementation Specialist, Innosoft) will serve as CTAB chair for 2019, succeeding Brett Bieber (Director of Identity and Access Management at the University of Nebraska), who has been appointed to another three-year term. David Bantz (Chief Information Architect, University of Alaska) will serve as vice-chair for 2019.