Trust and Identity at the Internet2 Global Summit
Heading to the Internet2 Global Summit in Washington, DC (March 5-8)? Here’s a quick summary of what you can expect from identity land!
Get a Jump Start on supporting the InCommon Trusted Access Platform!
Looking to learn more about getting started with (or transitioning to) the packaged versions of Shibboleth, Grouper, COmanage and midPoint? Want to find out what others are doing? Stop by the Pentagon room Wednesday and Thursday for an outline of opportunities in 2019. The Global Summit program will have details closer to the event.
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
- Eduroam Update and Mini-Mobility Day - An eduroam update and discussion of technical and program developments around eduroam and wireless security.
- Service Management Best Practices Meet Federated Services - This presentation will share the experience of the GEANT project in implementing the industry best practices such as ITIL and TMF for the trust and identity services lifecycle management.
- Stories from the Field: Multi-Factor Integration - Two integrations using multifactor authentication - one with Salesforce (addressing related security issues) and an alternative open-source solution that follows the REFEDS MFA profile.
Thursday, March 7, 2019
- Getting Global Collaboration Ready: International Community Practices to Improve Trust and Interoperability for Research - This panel discussion will cover how new federation services and programs such as InCommon's Baseline Expectations for Trust in Federation, REFEDS Assurance profiles (Coffee, MFA/SFA, Security Incident Response Trust Framework for Federated Identity (SIRTFI)) and federation community governance bodies are helping to increase trust and the user experience for people using federated services in support of global research and education.
- Trust & Identity for Healthcare Research in GCP - Google is partnering with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to develop a coherent Identity and Access Management (IAM) strategy for securely leveraging NIH data sets from within Google Cloud Platform (GCP.)
- CILogon and eduTEAMS: Collaboration and Virtual Organizations Made Easy - Join us to see how these services can help you easily enable federated identity for your collaboration groups and virtual organizations. CILogon introduces a new subscription service which offers a hosted federated identity and collaboration management platform for research projects on campus. eduTEAMS — a service provided by GÉANT — enables communities to securely access and share common resources and services.
Friday, March 8, 2019
- Strategies for Research Cybersecurity and Compliance from the Lab - This talk is targeted at CISOs, CIO, VPRs and similar leaders who tackle the challenge of research cybersecurity and compliance. It relates experiences and strategies learned from five years of securing NSF-funded open science and regulated data compliance.
- Securing Organizational Credentials: New and Pervasive Cyber-Threats - Ransomware, phishing, and business email compromise (BEC) continue to exploit organizational credentials, which results in the exposure of institutional information and resources to nation-state actors as well as cybercriminals. This session can help attendees to obtain a better understanding of the current threat landscape as well as develop improved risk management strategies and identity and access management tactics to reduce risks.