Comodo’s Name Change and the InCommon Certificate Service
InCommon Certificate Subscribers, you may have read that Comodo is rebranding itself as Sectigo. And you may wonder how this might affect you, given that Comodo is our partner in the InCommon Certificate Service.
The short answer is: there is nothing you need to do right now and you shouldn’t see any immediate changes, other than support email coming from Sectigo rather than Comodo.
- InCommon’s contract with Comodo remains unchanged with the name change to Sectigo.
- The Comodo CA continues to exist and be trusted by all browsers.
- Your Comodo certificates remain in place and *do not* need to be reissued.
- All of the Comodo Certificate Manager documentation, knowledge base, and other support documents remain in place. Eventually it will move, but for now it remains at the current Comodo website. You’ll find the links at www.incommon.org/certificates/support.html
- The Comodo service status page will move to setigocertificatemanager.status.io. If you subscribe to the current status email notifications, you will continue to receive notifications from the new location. You need do nothing.
- Read the Comodo/Sectigo FAQ at https://sectigo.com/sectigo-story-faq.
We will keep you updated on any future changes or any action that you may need to take. In the meantime, if you have any questions not covered on the Sectigo website or the InCommon Certificate Service website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.