Campus Success Program Provides Guidance for TIER Adoption
The 10 campuses comprising the TIER Campus Success Program have identified several issues to address as they work together to adopt the TIER IAM suite software components. They have created five working groups to develop solutions and provide guidance for the wider community.
The working groups include campus participants and subject-matter experts drawn from Internet2 staff and from the broader community. The topics being addressed include:
- developing bulk-loading requirements for API Working Group
- enhancing Grouper deployment
- creating a DevOps deployment guide
- identity onboarding with the Banner ERP
- developing a support services model for collaborative engagement with vendors
Links to working group wiki pages, notes, and other information are available on the Campus Success Program wiki.
The campuses also continue to write blog posts about lessons learned and other experiences as they adopt one or more of the software components (Shibboleth, Grouper, COmanage, and midPoint).
Recent blog posts include:
- March Update from the University of Michigan (Grouper)
- "The TIER Toolset: Campus Success for Lafayette College"
- "Improving FERPA-protected Data Access" (University of Illinois)
- "UMBC Starting “(Mid)Point"
- "Colorado State University F2F Takeaways"
Campus representatives continue to meet bi-weekly for planning and reporting purposes. The Campus Success Program will run through the 2018 Technology Exchange.