NET+ AWS Adds Training and Professional Services, Approaches Next Discount Tier
The growth in demand for and interest in infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) continues to be of high importance to all classes of academic members. The Internet2 NET+ AWS offering now has 48 subscribing campuses and over $400,000 a month in collective spend running through the program. This is in addition to capacity that is delivered at no cost via Amazon’s Educate and Research credits program. This level of utilization is quickly advancing the program to the next level of discounting, which will return an additional $60,000 a year (above the current $140,000) in savings back to participating campuses.
The NET+ AWS program now provides an updated Enterprise Customer Agreement (ECA) to enhance and differentiate the offering further. The revised ECA includes training and professional services (now accessible without a separate agreement), formalization and incorporation of access to GovCloud (AWS export control regulated-region), and a Business Associate Agreement for HIPAA workloads – all requested priorities by the community. This new agreement also utilizes the latest streamlined templates to reduce the total size of the ECA by 50%, making it much easier for interested campuses to review and sign up.
The NET+ AWS program offers a number of differentiated benefits including:
- An Enterprise Customer Agreement negotiated by a group of member campuses that incorporates community best practice terms and Business Associate Agreement for HIPAA workloads.
- A Data Egress Fee Waiver that discounts up to 15% of an account's monthly spend.
- Subscriber-wide scaling discounts of 3-5%, based on community usage.
- The ability to selectively waive support on an account by account basis.
- 100Gb/s of privately peered capacity to the Internet2 Network.
- A framework for enterprise scale consumption, including detailed and granular billing with a variety of payment options, as well as the ability to use federated credentials to request new and transfer existing AWS accounts.
- A community advisory board to drive continued benefits for all subscribers.
Get Regular Cloud Strategies News!
Sign up now to receive regular updates and resources on leading Cloud services that are easing the challenges, costs, and risks of Cloud migration for research and education.