Listen as Internet2 Innovator, Sam Pitroda, Advisor to the Prime Minister of India on Public Information Infrastructure & Innovations, explains the importance of a truly global perspective.
The 2015 Internet2 Global Summit presented a truly global program, especially through the Applied Research & Scholarship: Global & National Partnerships track.
The excitement created at the 2014 Global Summit continued, as a variety of sessions highlighted the many opportunities to enable research and education across the globe.
Internet2 develops mutual agreements with research and education organizations around the world in order to establish international relationships that enable seamless collaboration between U.S. researchers, faculty, students and their overseas counterparts.
Through these close partnerships, well architected global infrastructure, and federated services, Internet2 is helping to ensure continued interoperability of advanced networking globally, and to support the global expansion of education delivery and distributed research.
Browse this list of all our current international partners.
Information for Prospective Partner Organizations
Internet2 is always building relationships with other NRENs. The goal? To connect educational and research communities around the globe through mutual partnerships. Can we partner with your organization?
International Relationship Goals
- To ensure global interoperability in the next generation of networking technologies
- To enable research and education through advanced applications on a global scale
To begin these partnerships, we use mutual agreements signed by Internet2 and partner organizations called Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs). A standard MOU includes provisions such as:
- Providing for interconnection between our respective institutions
- Collaboration on advanced technology and applications development
- Promoting the transfer of technology to the wider education community and the commercial marketplace
Enabling Collaboration on a Global Scale
Through mutual agreements with similar organizations around the world, Internet2 is establishing ties that enable collaboration between U.S. researchers, faculty, students and their overseas counterparts—and help ensure the continued global interoperability of advanced networking.
Recap: CANS2016 at Rice University
Nov 29, 2016
The Quest to Scale 'Above the Net' Services Globally
Nov 18, 2016
Internet2 at TICAL2016 in Buenos Aires
Oct 14, 2016
- African Research and Education Community
- Asia and Oceania Research and Education Community
- Emerging National Research and Education Networks
- European Research and Education Community
- Global Network Architecture Technical Group