TIER Software and Practice Components
TIER Software Components
The TIER program (Trust and Identity in Education and Research) packages three open-source software components together and offers a container-based distribution. The three components include:
- COmanage Registry
- Grouper enterprise access management system
- Shibboleth Single Sign-On and Federating Software (Identity Provider)
The TIER Package Delivery wiki space provides links to two sets of the TIER software:
- Recomended for production: The standard production distributions of each software component.
- Recommended for testing and not for production: Container-based virtual machine images of the software preloaded with the Docker containers, intended for testing and feedback.
TIER Practice Components
- InCommon Multifactor Authentication (MFA) Interoperability Profile
- InCommon SAML V2.0 Implementation Profile for Federation Interoperability v20160303
- InCommon Global Interfederation (in production through InCommon Federation)
- MACE-Dir eduPerson 201602 (including ORCID Identifier)
The TIER software requirements and development result from significant work by the community. See the TIER Community Resources page for details, including the process used for developing requirements, community working groups, interoperability profiles, and other resources.
Stay up-to-date on the TIER releases and associated topics by subscribing to the TIER discussion email list.
TIER 101 (links to wiki)
TIER Software Download (links to wiki)
TIER Newsletter • Subscribe!