How to Register with the Internet2
1. In your videoconferencing endpoint unit, navigate to the
H.323 settings menu.
2. Enter your email address as your endpoint’s H.323
Name. This gives the gatekeeper administrators some idea of
who is registering and from where.
3. Assign a GDS (E.164)
number (also called H.323 extension) in the following manner: 001189 +
your 10 digit phone number.
If, for example, your phone number is (111)
555-0000, your E.164 number would be 0011891115550000.
4. Your endpoint's system may need to be rebooted.
5. Once it's running again, navigate back to the H.323 setting
and select the gatekeeper menu.
6. Enter the following IP address: 220.127.116.11
7. Again, your endpoint may need to be rebooted.
8. Congratulations. You should now be registered with the
Internet2 Commons Gatekeeper.
You can contact the Internet2 Commons Videoconferencing Service for additional information by sending an email to email@example.com.