Thank you for visiting Internet2.edu. If you are visiting to browse through our website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. In particular, we may collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, abc.com; if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site;
- The browser and operating system you use to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit;
- The referring website (If you come to our site from another website).
If you request information or services from Internet2 and submit personal information to facilitate response to your request, we use the information provided to respond to your message. Unless otherwise specified herein or at the time of collection, Internet2 will not give, sell or provide access to your personal information to any company, individual, or organization. We may share your information with the following parties, as applicable:
- Unaffiliated Third Party Contractors/Agents/Service Providers: In furtherance of research and education, we may share your information with third party contractors or agents to the extent that they need such information to fulfill their contractual obligations to us or to you or your organization. In such cases, we seek contractual assurances that the information is protected and used strictly for purposes within the scope of the contract.
- Event Registration Information: Some of the information you give us in connection with registration for an event, including workshops, webinars, and in-person events jointly hosted with third parties, may be shared with event attendees, sponsors, and other members of the research and education community. Additionally, event attendee lists may be posted on the event website. For more information on our privacy practices with respect to event registration information, including ways in which you can opt out of such sharing, please visit http://www.internet2.edu/policies/privacy-event-registration/.
- Law Enforcement Requests: We may share the information you give us with a government agency or other entity to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law, comply with legal process served on us, or protect and defend our rights or property.
For additional information regarding Internet2’s other privacy practices, please see our policies page at http://www.internet2.edu/policies/.
April 11, 2016