Workshops & Webinars
Internet2 convenes workshops, webinars and other events to collaborate on a variety of topics related to advanced networking, trust and identity solutions, cloud service technologies, and other matters of importance to the research and education (R&E) community. These sessions help R&E leaders build a toolkit of innovative, better-yielding solutions for their organization’s constituents. Topics include:
- Trust and identity solutions and technologies, including information related to the TIER initiative, InCommon, Shibboleth, Grouper, and more
- Internet2 NET+ initiative, including cloud services and applications
- Internet2 Innovation Platform initiative, including100G abundant bandwidth environments, Software Defined Networking (SDN), and Science DMZ architectures for big data science
- Other technical topics, including network performance (for example, network issues in life sciences research), security, and more
Internet2 collaborates with community members to offer short workshops focused on specific, technical subjects for discussion and community input. Similar to “mini” Joint Techs conferences, these will be scheduled in response to the community's needs and ability to support them. Hosted on campuses, they are designed to bring together interested members of the community to collaborate on very specific topics in a streamlined agenda.
Internet2 and ESnet have collaborated in the past to offer a series of short, focused workshops on highly specific subjects for discussion between network engineers/operators and domain scientists, especially in areas of Big Data. Hosted on campuses, the workshops were geared toward helping specific science domains use and understand the network, as well as responding to the unique networking needs of each domain.
InCommon Identity Week, led by Internet2, brings together the InCommon community, identity management technical implementers and architects, and U.S. and international leaders in the field of identity and access management.
These workshops provide technical installation and configuration experience with Shibboleth version 2.x using a self-paced set of instructions. This program was developed for campuses new to Shibboleth and those interested in upgrading to 2.x.
These workshops, hosted in conjunction with ESnet and Indiana University, are designed to equip university and laboratory network engineers with the knowledge and training needed to build next-generation campus networks that are optimized for data-intensive science.
upcoming workshops & webinars
past workshops & webinars
- Multifactor Authentication: Campus Deployment Case Studies Oct 21, 2015 Online
- Shibboleth Installation Workshop 14–15 May, 2015 GWU VSTC, Ashburn, VA
- IAM Online: External Identities in Higher Ed - Why and How with Real-World Examples May 13, 2015 Online
- FTW: Real-time Collaboration in Research and Education 30 Apr–01 May, 2015 Washington, DC
- Features and Functionality of Version 3, Shibboleth Identity Provider Mar 11, 2015 online