NET+ Box: How To Participate
Ready to enroll and provide all the great features of the Internet2 NET+ Box storage and collaboration service to your organization? You'll need to get some information together, as outlined in the following steps, before you can fill out the online application. If you wish, you may download a PDF version of the application and fill it out as a guide before submitting the online application (link below). At present, the online application has no save-and-resume feature.
Also, you may want to review the Enterprise Customer Agreement (ECA) to understand some of the information we need in the application process.
1Determine your eligibility
Institutions of higher education and related organizations headquartered in the United States who are InCommon Participants (or who join at this time) are eligible to sign up for a full-service, customized Box offering from Internet2. Internet2 members receive special pricing, but membership in Internet2 is not required.
You'll need to indicate whether you're an Internet2 member and/or InCommon participant on the form.
2Determine your pricing tier
The annual price of the Internet2 NET+ Box service is based on the size of the institution grouped into one of six pricing tiers. The tier is determined by the total number of students, faculty, and staff (see below).
(Students, Faculty, Staff)
You'll need to select your organization's tier on the form. You'll also have to enter the address of a publicly available document that justifies your tier selection.
See "Pricing" for more information.
3Determine whether you have Health Service personnel that need to be excluded from using the service.
If your organization has Health Service personnel, and if you elect not to provision any such personnel due to concerns over HIPAA compliance, you can enter your exclusion preference as well as the number of personnel to be excluded on the form.
See "Features" for further information on service security and compliance with FERPA, HIPAA and other requirements.
4Determine whether your institution wishes to order additional storage, and which prepayment option you prefer.
Additional storage can be purchased for $20,000 per 10 TB (50 TB marketable) per year added to any tier of service. Indicate on the form how many additional terabytes (in multiples of 10) you wish to add, and whether you prefer a one-, two- or three-year subscription prepayment option.
A 2.5% discount applies for a two-year subscription prepayment and a 5% discount for a three-year prepayment. Note that the discount does not apply toward the one-time startup fee.
5Are any special considerations required?
Does your institution require special considerations due to state law or regulation? Are there any mandated limitations on renewal periods? You'll need to indicate this on the form.
6Gather contact information for the required Box service roles
You'll have to enter the name, address, phone and email information for each of these service roles on your application.
- CIO/Senior information technology officer – This is your organization's senior information technology officer, typically the CIO.
- Application submitter – The submitter of the application form will receive the submission confirmation email and will be the point of contact for confirmation of details or clarification.
- Technical contact – The technical contact is the individual with responsibility for the deployment of Box services at your organization.
- Customer support contact – The Customer Support contact is the individual who will receive correspondence from Box about updates, outages, and other issues related to customer support. Tier 1 and Tier 2 customer support is the responsibility of the subscribing institution. Note: You'll need to include the Web address for this role as well.
- Administrative contact – The administrative contact is the individual with the power to authorize the service contract and fees.
- Billing contact – The billing contact is the individual to whom invoices should be addressed.
- Primary legal contact (Campus Address for Legal Notices) – The primary legal contact is the individual who serves as contact point and/or legal resource, to whom legal inquiries and concerns should be addressed.
- Secondary legal contact – The secondary legal contact is the individual who serves as a backup for the primary legal contact.
7Fill out and submit the online application
Fill out and submit the online application. The submitter will receive a confirmation email, and may be contacted for confirmation of details or clarification.
What's next? Here's a typical implementation timeline. If you have any questions at any step of the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.