Community Engagement Regional Manager
Community Engagement Regional Manager
Internet2® is a member-owned, advanced technology community founded by the nation’s leading higher education institutions in 1996. Internet2 provides a collaborative environment for U.S. research and education organizations to solve common technology challenges, and to develop innovative solutions in support of their educational, research, clinical and community service missions. Internet2 is a national organization with offices in Ann Arbor, MI; Denver, CO; Emeryville, CA; West Hartford, CT; and Washington, DC.
The mission of Internet2's Community Engagement division is to create, sustain, and expand participation in Internet2, and to build excitement around Internet2's programs and services in the global Internet2 community. We are expanding our team in an effort to better serve our membership community by adding two (2) new full-time positions as Community Engagement Regional Managers.
The successful candidates will have high work standards and be able to recognize opportunities and develop strategies to realize them. We are looking for energetic, hands-on individuals who are resourceful, accountable and able to multi-task. This position reports to the Associate Vice President, Community Engagement and, when not on the road visiting members and prospective members, may be based in any of Internet2’s offices (noted above).
- Establish new, and nurture and strengthen existing, key relationships within the member community, with emphasis on the Carnegie Level 1, High Research/Very High Research University members in a specific region of the U.S.
- Actively recruit new paid memberships (sales)
- Be proactive in listening and responding to the needs and requirements of university members in the assigned region, and work with Community Engagement staff and leadership to align Internet2 programs with those needs as appropriate
- Maintain ongoing regular communication with the CIOs at the assigned member universities, via established and/or new Program Advisory Groups, face-to-face meetings, and videoconferencing
- Conduct annual campus visits to meet with CIOs, faculty and researchers
- Educate and communicate membership benefits to the university member to ensure that the greatest value is delivered for their membership
- In concert with the Associate Vice President for Community Engagement and other Internet2 Community Engagement Managers, develop and implement a plan to recruit specific University, Medical School and Affiliate members
- Participate in Industry tradeshows, conferences, and meetings, including presentations, panels, and tradeshow booth management
- Be active on Internet2 social media accounts, to include LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, to become known as a thought leader and idea broker in the assigned region
- Create, develop and implement special programs, events and information sessions for the member constituents
- Actively engage University, Medical School and Affiliate members in Internet2 programs, working groups, and special initiatives
- Create programs, collaborations, processes and/or projects ensuring member interests are fully leveraged and support the Internet2 mission
- Identify and communicate successes resulting from member programs and partnerships
- Work with Internet2 staff to update website content for showcases, case studies and presentations with examples from member campus projects
- Coordinate grant submission support to university members through letters of support
- Maintain timely and consistent member account entries into the Salesforce CRM system including meeting, phone call and other relevant documentation
- Produce status, trend and statistical reports about member constituents on a regular and as requested basis
- Lead and participate in internal coordination activities as appropriate to contribute to organizational knowledge about members, build on work in other areas of the organization, and share best practices
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree
- First-hand knowledge and experience within the U.S. Higher Education community, particularly related to information technology
- Successful sales/member relationship history in a high level membership-structured program with annual dues exceeding $50,000
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills, and proven experience in preparing/conducting presentations and meetings with executive-level groups/audiences
- Ability to discuss advanced network and application technologies with diverse customers
- Knowledge and experience in identifying, developing and directing collaborative activities and partnerships
- Understanding of and ability to work with multiple constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead complex projects and meet timelines and deliverables
- Self-directed and able to work under minimal supervision
- Comprehensive understanding of sales cycle processes and management
- Successful experiences building and working with cross-functional teams, including demonstrated ability to forge consensus, manage conflicts and negotiate win-win outcomes
- Ability to develop project plans and budgets
- Ability to work well under pressure in a cross-organizational role
- Excellent computer skills (MAC and PC; cloud service; videoconferencing; Office & Outlook for MAC)
- Ability to travel at least 40%
- Knowledge of the Internet2 community preferred
- Successful sales experience in a related field preferred
All resumes will be held in the strictest confidence. Internet2 is a 501.C.3 not-for-profit organization and equal opportunity employer.